Been pretty busy and not had much time to write. Managed to get quite a bit done, though. Spent some time going through and fixing things up so that installation of Xen guests can be functional for FC5 test1. Made pretty good progress and sent a few patches for things which have needed fixing. Have that mostly working and will probably be putting up some instructions of how it works in the next day or so.
I also spent a little bit of time working on getting the necessary pieces into the anaconda second stage so that it's possible to start thinking about using dogtail to do some automated testing of anaconda's UI. I think this will provide some nice ways to test the UI of anaconda in addition to kickstart and also be nice for people who need to take lots of screenshots (think installation guides). Should be pretty cool and I'm looking forward to playing with it some more.
Since Friday and for a lot of the weekend, I've been spending some time working with Mike's modular X packages and trying to work on some of the distro integration pieces. I got anaconda working and have since also spent some time fixing up things in a variety of packages. The big thing outstanding right now is an issue with unscaled bitmap fonts causing lots of havoc. And then I'm sure there are a lot of things that need fixing, but the basics seem to work.
Still need to look at package selection stuff… just dealing with the changes to the comps file has me not exactly looking forward to it. But, it needs to be done and I'll get to it.
This weekend hasn't had much exciting/fun going on… Kara worked some yesterday and then we went to pick some things up. Came home and watched Old School which was somewhat amusing. Also finished watching Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. Today, slept in a little bit and then went out for a bike ride and take advantage of the very nice weather. Otherwise, the weekend has largely been comprised of working.
This week promises to be just as busy as we work towards freezing and releasing FC5 test1…