Move ’em on! head ’em up! move ’em out! Rawhide!

Moderately productive day yesterday. After a little bit of false starting, got an extremely minimal group selection working. The main takeaway from the exercise is that we're going to need to do some reasonable lifting to get group selection back in a form that's more stateful. Been there, done that, though so it shouldn't be that difficult. Hopefully I'll get a chance to write up some basic ideas about it for yum-devel tomorrow for people to chime in on.

Today was a little bit less productive. Got the text mode version of what I did for graphics yesterday for package selection up and running, so committed that so it'll be in rawhide tomorrow. Also we should have Paul's changes to fix up FTP/HTTP installs to hopefully work and a newer, hopefully better exception dialog. Which means there's a pretty good chance of tomorrow's rawhide being completely hosed 😉

One thing I've been thinking about is a way to make an updates.img more easily available to help fix the rawhide problems that we find out as soon as we get into the office in the morning. One thought would be just sticking it in the tree and re-syncing it out. But that only helps if mirrors pull again and I'm not sure if they generally do or not. The other would be to add a way to point somewhere else for an updates.img (or even a temporary hack for now to always look there) so that we can just put up the simple, stupid fixes and avoid some of the reports of problems we've already fixed. Suggestions/feedback welcome.

The other thing I was thinking about was trying to use ub instead of usb-storage and then zaitcev beat me to asking about it. So I'll probably see how feasible it looks