Good thing I went to the study session for my one exam tonight. It turns out that my guess as to what the exam is going to be wouldn't have quite been on target otherwise. I probably would have succeeded in making it up, but it's easier this way.
Got home, read email, and felt guilty because of so started looking at sparc anaconda stuff. First dorked around with the non-diet build until I started hitting cases where sparc glibc is divergent in strange places and decided I didn't feel like fixing the stub. So I instead get dietlibc built and get the loader actually building against it until it comes to be link-time. And I'm not sure I want to get the link references to .div and the like working properly with a diet/glibc object mix :/